Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pinterest Recipes Part Deaux

Hey everybody! As promised here's 5 more Pinterest recipes I've given a shot over the past two weeks. Some good, some OK and some that should never, ever, ever have made it on to Pinterest in the first place!

I'm kicking it off with my fave recipe I've found on Pinterest so far!
1.) Crock pot chicken soft tacos from From pin4fun5837.blogspot.com   
 I love, love, love these! In fact I have some cooking in my crock pot for dinner right now.
Ingredients
1 pack of taco seasoning (whichever you like best, mild, hot, whatever)
1-3 chicken breasts (I put mine in frozen)
jar of salsa
tortillas
your favorite taco toppings
Place your chicken breasts in the crock pot. Next, dump the pack of taco seasoning and the jar of salsa on top of the chicken. Let cook on high(4-6 hrs.) or low(6-8 hrs.) Should be able to shred with a fork. Place meat mixture in tortillas and top with your favorite toppings! Little tip, these are awesome if you put some Mexican rice in your tortilla.

2) Garlic lemon chicken from realsimple.com- This one is OK. Has a nice, clean taste. Is very Mediterranean to me. Definitely not as simple as tossing in a crock pot and forgetting about it, but pretty simple. Needs some tweaking though.
Ingredients6  tablespoons  olive oil
2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1  teaspoon  kosher salt
1/2  teaspoon  freshly ground black pepper
3/4  pound  trimmed green beans
8 small red potatoes, quartered
4 chicken breasts (bones left in, with skin, about 3 1/4 pounds)
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet. (this is waaaaaay lemony if you use this many lemon slices. If I make this again I'll try only half the amount.)
2.In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper; add the green beans and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the green beans and arrange them on top of the lemon slices. Add the potatoes to the same olive-oil mixture and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, arrange the potatoes along the inside edge of the dish or skillet on top of the green beans. Place the chicken in the same bowl with the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly. Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish or skillet. Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the
chicken.
3.Roast for 50 minutes. Remove the chicken from the dish or skillet. Place the beans and potatoes back in oven for 10 minutes more or until the potatoes are tender. Place a chicken breast on each of 4 serving plates; divide the green beans and potatoes equally. | Hands-On Time: 15m| Total Time: 1hr 15m-this took a bit longer to cook than the recipe calls for in my oven. Just keep an eye on it.

Up next dessert time!!
3.) Nellie & Joe's Famous Key Lime Pie from  chefscatalog.com- I totally see why this is Famous!
 Love it!!! Pretty easy too.
Ingredients1  9-inch graham cracker pie shell 
1  14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk 
3  egg yolks 
1/2 cup  Nellie & Joe's Key West Lime Juice (I didn't order this, I went to Walmart and squeezed the juice out of about 30 of these limes lol. I like the real stuff better, but you can just find a bottle of key lime juice and use that.)
Fresh whipped cream and lime slices for garnish 
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine milk, egg yolks and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Pour filling into pie shell. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before refrigerating. Just before serving, top with fresh whipped cream and garnish with lime slices. Simply Fabulous! Glad I tried this one out.

4.) Who needs a cocktail?? This is Vodka strawberry lemonade and it's exactly that. Vodka and strawberry lemonade. I came up with my own version for a party we had recently and it was a hit.
Ingredients
1 bottle of stoli strawberry vodka
1 container of frozen minutemade limemaid
grenadine to add color
lime wedge for garnish.

I poured about half a bottle into a punchbowl and added the limeaid and water. Poured it into mojito glasses with some crushed ice, added a splash of grenadine and topped with a lime wedge. It was pretty yummy and you couldn't taste the vodka at all. Which may be a bad thing for some people, but not my friends.. :)

Lastly, I must shatter some hopes and dreams real quick. I know you all have pinned the cheesy garlic biscuit recipe that claims to be the same as Red lobsters. Let me tell you, FORGET IT! Erase it now! We should all find the person who came up with this recipe, tie her up, and force her to eat our nasty imitation biscuits over and over again. That's how UNLIKE Red Lobster these biscuits are. I should have listened to my girlfriend when she told me these sucked but I had to try it out myself for my blog. They're terrible. Don't waste your time.



Join me this week for my follow up to easy fall decor.  This time I'm attempting to turn wine glasses into pumpkin candle holders!

xoxoxox
The Posh Pinner

No comments:

Post a Comment