Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Easy Fall Decor-Part 1

Happy Wednesday to my faithful followers! I just wanted to say how much it means to me that you all join me every week for my crazy Pinterest rants and raves. I'm going to be posting more frequently over the next few weeks because I'm busy decorating for Fall and Especially Halloween! I've got a pantry full of Halloween decorations that I can't wait to share with you all, but I'll wait till it's at least October before I go there.

I thought I'd do something a little different for this entry. Usually I try out a specific project, and believe me I've got two pretty good ones for you I'll post later this week, but today I'll show you a couple of decorations I've put up around my house.  They're Pinterest inspired, just not an exact replica. They're simple, their easy to make and better yet, they're CHEAP! In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm pretty thrifty. I don't like spending a lot of cash to make my house look good. Everything I do is very budget friendly. It may not be as pretty as some of the stuff on Pinterest but I like it ;)

My next door neighbor, Linda, invited me in to her house a couple of weeks ago to show me her cottage chic decor. Beautiful by the way, but she had all these gorgeous  Hydrangea flower arraignments in every room. I thought they were fake but it turns out she cut them from her bushes and let them dry out! Gorgeous. She has blue in her yard, but we have this deep purple color that I thought would look amazing for Fall AND I was so RIGHT! So check it out, I cut a bunch from my yard and then stuck them in Dollar Tree vases and vases I had lying around the house. The Dollar Tree has these super cute scarecrows on a stick so I stuck one in the flowers and Ta-Da! A simple centerpiece that cost me a buck! I still want to get a cute table cloth for this table but right now I've just got a wicker runner on it with some fake leaves I got a Michaels for a buck a pack. Nothing special but still cute.

Here's another pic of the dried Hydrangeas up on my mantle. They look pretty creepy up there with my Halloween decorations which you'll see in a few weeks. I've also got them in my master bath. I bought some fake ones for my living room at Michaels for $7.99 a stem And they look nothing like this. If you have hydrangeas go outside and cut some that are close to dying and get them in a vase! They're gorgeous. Special Thanks to Linda for teaching me this trick!

Next up, I love wreaths! Especially since Pinterest popped up. Seems like there's a wreath for every holiday. What I don't like is how much wreaths are! Could you imagine making a wreath for every single holiday and season. My solution.. I bought one wreath, and I change out the decorations I attach for every season. For this one I bought some leaves attached to a stick and just stuck them in the wreath, same with the little scarecrow. The L is attached with some double sided tape. I got this wreath on sale two years ago for about 8 bucks on clearance at Wal-Mart. For Christmas I just attach some ribbon and ornaments in the same way. Fourth of July-ribbon, a flag, the L.. good to go. So easy. I spent $0.97 a piece for the leaves and 1 buck on the scarecrow. The L was $1.99 at Michaels.


And Finally for this edition of the Posh Pinner, I'm sure you've seen the pin to the right going around for Fall. I love these but have you seen how expensive these stupid fake limbs are at the craft store!? I went looking for them and thought seriously? It'll cost me $30 bucks to make this and it looks like it came out of my yard. And that got me thinking.. It looks like it came out of my yard!!! So, I went outside with my rose shears and cut some limbs off different trees in my backyard. I laid them out in the sun for a few days so they'd dry out. I trimmed all the leaves off and what I had was pretty close in my opinion. I didn't want to go buy another vase so I took one I got at the Dollar Tree and stuck the limbs in it. (see the pin on the left)

I got this pack of this fake basket stuff ( i have no idea what it's called) in the garden section of the Dollar Tree (yes they have one lol) and tied it around the vase. Looks really rustic and I love it. Next, of course I stocked up on those little scarecrow things, they were so cheap and I use them in everything,  so I had an extra one lying around. AND this is my cheap version of the above.  I know it's not as good and I skipped the pumpkins, but it cost me about a $1.50 and I think it looks pretty good with the rest of my decorations I have up.


Be on the lookout for my next  post this week. I'll be giving you the verdict  on some more Pinterest recipes. And for my next project, I'm combining two more Fall decor projects, a simple Happy Fall painting I'm sure you've seen and also the project where you paint a wine glass and turn it into a candle holder! We'll see if it actually looks like a pumpkin when I'm done.

If there's any projects you'd like me to try out for you, just shoot me an email.. Poshpinner@gmail.com
I'll be glad to add it to my list!

xoxoxoxo
The Posh Pinner signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment