Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I'm Baaaaa-aaack!!

Hello all my faithful readers!

I must apologize for my absence and update you on where I've been and when I'll be posting a new project. I've received several emails wondering "Are you still the Posh Pinner?? YES my lovies! and I'll be posting soon!!

I honestly did not realize people actually read this blog, so I was quite surprised to check my email and see that I had messages from readers that aren't just by Facebook and Pinterest buddies who like to see me go off on a tangent about something stupid. So again, I apologize for not getting back to you guys. I must have looked like a real B and that's so not me! Things got pretty crazy for me around the holidays. We had house guests that wouldn't leave, I have some health problems and spent a lot of time at the doctor, and I got the bright idea to apply to grad school. And of course the schools I applied to require recent GRE scores. My applications are due in 1 week and since I graduated from college like 10 years ago I had to study 15 hours a day to cram for that dang test. I mean really.. who actually remembers how to find the missing degree of an isosceles triangle? OKAY! Ain't nobody got time for that! But, I am happy to report that I nailed the GRE and think my scores are good enough to get me in to the schools I applied to. My applications are signed, sealed and depending on UPS, delivered.
With that huge stress in my life OVER, I can now get back to what's really important. Wasting my time and money on Pinterest projects. :)

I do feel that I need to remind everyone about the purpose of my blog.  I am not an artist. I am not a master crafter. I can't sew, I can't whip up a three course meal from scratch. I am just a chick who likes to look at Pinterest and say "hey, that looks easy enough. I'm going to see if I can do that." I've never said I'm Betty freaking Crocker. I've never claimed to be the Martha Stewart of Pinterest. I simply get caught up in the latest Pinterest craze and blog about how MY projects turn out--the good and the bad.  I started this blog as a form of entertainment for my friends and to save people, who like myself suck at crafting, from wasting hours of their life on crap. I have received two or three rather mean emails telling me "I SUCK" for not doing this project a certain way. Or," OH MY GOD, I can't believe you didn't know to do this on that project, what are you stupid? Everyone knows that." Weeeeeellllll, I'm soooooooo sorry my crafting is not up to your standards. Again, NOT AN EXPERIENCED CRAFTER! And neither are 99% of the people who read my blog. If I were super craft-tastic I wouldn't be trying out other people's pins, would I?? No, I'd be creating my own.

This blog is simply entertainment. I'm not going to buy a drill or hand sander or table saw to complete ridiculously complex projects. I'm not going to build a dining room table out of old window panes I picked up at an estate sale. I choose easy projects that can be finished in an hour or two on a random Saturday by someone who doesn't have a clue about what the hell Mod Podge is. I throw ingredients into my crock pot and tell you if it's vomit in a bowl or worth feeding to your family. I cut up my husband's old, crusty sock and roll my hair around it to teach you how to create the perfect bun. Entertainment People. I do this for fun. I don't get paid for running this blog.

To all of you super supportive readers who leave awesome comments with suggestions or words of encouragement or comments telling me about how your projects turned out. I appreciate it more than you know. It's always nice to know someone took the time to read my stuff, because I do spend many, many hours and my own money trying out projects that my readers ask me to.

Now that that's all cleared up, hopefully the few people who feel the need to be douche nuggets in anonymous emails will go troll somewhere else.

And thank you again to everyone who reads on a regular basis, and to the hundreds who have written me sweet emails telling me they love my blog. I will have a new project up later this week and plenty of new recipes.

XOXOXOXO
The Posh Pinner

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just hate negative ass people! I enjoy your reviews, saves me time, money & effort and I can learn from your attempts! Keep up the good work, the best of luck in grad school. Warm regards!

    ReplyDelete